Saturday, May 22, 2010

House vs Home


I am in full blown decorating mode. Today I went bananas with chalk board paint.

Also check out some new blogs I found...I posted links on the sidebar.


I have always loved the antique couch from Uncle Bobby that I had re-covered but never found the right place for it. I also have always wanted a french country breakfast nooke, so,
tonight I combined the two.
I moved the couch to the kitchen table and put it up against the red wall..the minute I did that...I was in LOVE!
I still need some antique claw feet to raise the couch up a few inches to sit perfectly at the table, but I love it already, I can see many comfortable conversations around this table now.



I also am starting a much larger project...cost so far for all weekend projects....$0 !

Thanks to Tracy for the donation of her unused paint...I am on my way to a free makeover!


Here are some hints.



More to come when complete!




3 comments:

~dan said...

you are so creative! love it. xoxo
let's get together soon.
mere

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

I am excited to see what you are doing. Can't wait! I will keep checking back!!!!!!

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Beautiful beautiful room!
I love red, too!
The banquette/settee is just so cozy!
And I too, am happy, grateful and blessed!
Blessings to you as you make your home!
Hugs,
~me