Friday, May 30, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
We had a great day at home, grilling out and relaxing. Nona and Pop Pop came over, we swam and Pop at 90 years old beat me at checkers. Nothing gets past him!
We video conferenced to DC to see Grant, Grammie and Kimmy, it was such a nice day all around.
Hope you all enjoyed the day :)
You can also see I got a new camera and I am CRAZY with the pics..I so love it.
Meredith, thanks for the recommendation :)
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
We often find Cooper studying and then tearing part anything he can get his hands on. It's been just a few times he sat on this new playmat before he got himself off of it and started ripping it apart.
He's not yet crawling but he is scooting... as you can see he scooted himself off this mat to tear it apart.
We also see a new tooth coming in on the top so look out...more biting to come.
We are looking forward to Memorial Day weekend and plan on packing and getting ready for our trip to San Diego the first week of June. I am not sure of all the things I will need on our plane ride across the country so you seasoned parents who fly with babies, if you have any advice, I'd love to hear it :)
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Where have the last 8 months gone? My little 5 lb baby is now getting ready to crawl, babbles on and on (ba ba ba ba, da da da da ) and waves bye bye. He never stops moving so I am certain we will have to bolt the house down in preparation for when he is mobile!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Cooper's second tooth popped up today so now he has two front teeth on the bottom. Let me tell ya how I know for sure....he is using them!
He bit me more than once tonight and can you believe laughed when I yelled? Actually got a big 'ol grin and giggled out loud. Oh ...he's so my child! I was reminded that I often used to laugh at others falling, and I love to pick, poke or jab others and then laugh so....I am starting to get it back I guess :)
PS- For all you family out there who can't get close enough to Cooper....click on the picture above it will enlarge and up close you can see at least one tooth.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Now that I am a mom.... I:
1) Forgot to get myself dressed/teeth brushed/slippers off-shoes on, to go out, since I was so concerned about getting Cooper ready.
2) Walked into a resturant with poop on my cheek!
3) Blogged for hours about every breath the poor child has taken and taken hundreds of photos
4) Worn more of my homemade pureed babyfood on myself than I got into Cooper's mouth
5) Made up songs to every imaginable possible toon to sooth a crying baby
6) Worked with the phone on mute while a baby with a 103 degree fever screamed in my arms.
7) Think my clothes are clean if there is only a little bit of spit up or food on them
8) Cried because he is so cute when he sleeps
9) Laughed because he is so cute.....period
10) Loved every minute of my time as a mom and look forward to my first of many Mother's Days :)
Sunday, May 4, 2008
It so warms my heart to see Cooper playing with my Teddy. That old bear has been around longer than almost anything I own and Cooper seems to really enjoy beating him up and then using him as a pillow.
Tonight I swear I could hear Teddy laughing for joy that after 30 years he is played with again!