Sunday, August 21, 2011

Runnin' on Island Time

 Yesterday morning Cooper woke up at 6:00am. Great...on a Saturday.  What do we do now all day?  Well, the school is having a fundraiser 5k I thought but the idea of dragging out the stroller and pushing a 43 lb almost 4 year old for over 3 miles was not the way I wanted to get back into the running/5K circuit.  But...you gotta start somewhere and I have been lacing up my shoes for a run more now than I have in the past so I figured...what the heck? Go for it!

Even though I didn't run the whole time like I have in the past, I was proud of myself.  More proud of my little guy who wanted to jump out along the route and "win" with his mamma.


And I couldn't resist the event photographer's shots...they captured our start....



and our finish!


(for the record those people in the background were already done/or just visiting!  ha!)


No comments: