Sunday, March 4, 2012

"Everyday's a Brand New Day, Baby, Carpe Diem"- Phineas and Ferb



Seriously, I can't tell you how much we crammed into this weekend but boy did we ever!
We started off Saturday with an 8:30am soccer game, first one of the season for the "Smurfs".

Yep, you got that right, our team name is the Smurfs, be afraid...they are small, quick and determined little suckers.
I win mother of the year for scheduling Cooper's doctors appointment on Friday where my 50lb 4 year old (yeah, he's solid this kid!) got 3 major shots. So by Saturday morning, his legs where sore. But he pushed on.  He is still keeping from the crowd on the field and just running along but, at least he's out there and loving the running part.

We then headed out for Emma's first bday party after I had a great appointment for a wedding I am shooting in a few weeks.  Cooper dressed himself for the day which consisted of a "Hook Em Horns" Santa shirt, his cowboy boots and a Dr. Seuss hat.

They rented out the pavilion at Kiwanis Park and Cooper loved my friend Bill teaching him how to fish.  The day was so nice and warm, Cooper's patience was not really fit for fishing that day and he was way more concerned  that he stay dry than about catching anything in Sykes Creek. "I better not get my boots wet" was his only comment. 

From there we were off to the King Center for "Phineas and Ferb's Best Tour Ever LIVE" show. Cooper was so crazy excited over this, he was serious about getting in our seat and being ready for every second of the show. He wouldn't even let me talk to him, it was like I was bothering him as he soaked it all in.
Please note how well I ROCK the Phineas "Hair" Hat.  


Mom and I spent today working on a Pinterest project on Cooper's bed where we upholstered the boxspring with an old duvet cover of mine and attached legs to it. I am tired, sore and really not ready to start the week now that I am in "crafty DIY" mode but I guess I'll have to muddle through somehow.  But, as Phineas and Ferb say "Everyday's a Brand New day" so ....wait a minute...they also sing "Squirrels in your Pants" so ...
what ever!

1 comment:

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

Love the squirrels in your pants... and you are right carpe diem!