Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mirror Mirror on the .....crib


We know one the greatest lessons in life we learn is to love ourselves as well as others. Some of us are still practicing this lesson ( I just returned from my 6 weeks post op and my weight was SHOCKING to me...not sure why..I knew the baby was 5 pds 9 ounces not 30 pds...but...I digress).


This week Cooper discovered he can spend quality time alone looking at his mobile, lights and now a mirror toy we added to the crib. He can spend more time in there looking and talking to himself then in the swing if you let him. I caught him talking to himself just now in his crib and had to snap a picture of course. I was thrilled to catch him sticking his tongue out at this "other baby" in the crib. He has been in there about 1/2 hour now cooing and talking, a great noise to hear in the house instead of the repair man fixing the leaking roof. Since we have had so much rain, this old house finally demanded me to call in the repair man so he has been here since 8am. Can't wait for this bill, we had to get a new pool pump yesterday...when it rains...it does poor.

1 comment:

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

I know the feeling,you go to the doctor after having a baby and you feel so much lighter. Only to discover that you are not as light as you believed yourself to be! It is a sick joke! But it will eventually come off. It will take time and effort and quiet frankly after the third child I just didn't feel like working that hard. So 4 years later I am still working on the weight! He looks like he is enjoying his alone time. Take it while you can get it! Just remember your blessings!

Laurie