Sunday, October 12, 2008

Zoo






Today to escape the craziness of the week and to start this new week off right...Rob, Cooper and I headed to the zoo. For Oct it was still so hot but we had a nice time :)

The train ride was our favorite as well as Rob trying to get into the train with Cooper....my favorite and best laugh of the day as the entrance is kinda narrow and it's not easy holding Cooper while manuvering into the train!

Rob's sense of humor this week has kept us somewhat sane and for that I thank him...he even channeled my dad this week a few times and would give me great advice by saying "you know what you dad would say" and then would quote him....word for word...it was a nice reminder to "hear" my dad again blowing off stress like only he could do. Most included bad words so I won't include them here but if you knew my dad, he loved to say about my grandparents "what do you expect....they'd never even been to a gin mill" and other fun comments.

To spare you all the gorey details, caring for my 91 year old grandparents has not been fun this month and on Fri I decided to take their car keys. Oh yes..they could hardly walk without banging into walls but they both were still driving and after all we had been through these few weeks...I finally just stole the keys. If you have met Phina and Pop, you can image how thrilled they are and how well that all went over. We did manage to get social work and home health nurses involved so there may be some relief in site.

If you don't hear from me this week don't be worried that my grandmother really called the police on me since I am a thief and I robbed her of her keys (as she has threatened more than once to do..."I have rights you know" she has reminded me!) but I head off to NYC from Tues-Thurs. for work.

Have a great week :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Myrtle's Mayhem said...

Who loves ya baby!

Oh the zoo train...memories! ;)

have a better week girl! and you did the right thing with the old folks!

mere

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

Sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! I am sure they know you are looking out for them. And when they get over being mad they will see that. Have fun in NYC!!! Have a fantastic week.

Still Daffy Duck,

Laurie