Friday, April 3, 2009

Tuckered out



This week seemed to go by so fast, we are all just wiped out. It's a nice rainy day again here and we hope to have some sunshine this weekend.
My grandmother (or as Cooper says.."eek eek") is just fine...seems it was anxiety not a heart attack and her blood pressure is back to being manageable. I on the other hand didn't handle it well at all and I myself seem to now go into full blown anxiety anywhere in/near or around a hospital or anything related to illness of a loved one.
Go figure.
Saying I am emotionally maxed out is an understatement. If you know me well I act like I can handle anything. Well folks...it seems I can not. So...I am taking a break. I took at great yoga class the other day while Cooper played at the gym and am taking a concerted effort to do something I haven't done in a long time now..take care of myself. I have been turning off the cell phone, going to bed early and (this is shocking I know) I have been taking naps. Seems I need all this stuff called "rest". Again...go figure.


2 comments:

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

It's been a rough couple of years for you! You need the rest... but remember to always take care of you so that you can take care of others.

robinbrittagain said...

Good for YOU!!! ;)