Sunday, December 16, 2007

Football Sunday and "terrible" weather








I woke up this morning (after Cooper slept a straight 8 hours from 10:30pm-6:30am) with excitement that we would get some cool weather and I could shut off the air conditioning. The local news was all abuzz with "VIPER" radar showing the band of storms to bring high wind gusts and cool air. "We are here for you with the latest" they told me all morning, "we aren't leaving you in case of a tornado". I look out the window, I see the sun and maybe one dark cloud. WHAT??????

It's now 10:30am, my ac is off but it's 77 degrees in my house. The sun is out and a few plants have blown over from the ONE wind gust our house got, I am desperate for nice cool air to replace the humidity. They say it's coming..we shall see.

I was eager too to bake my Christmas pepperoni bread, homemade chocolate mint cookies, have football on the TV and let the cool air whip around our house. I guess I'll do it anyway with the beautiful Florida sunshine and the hope that tonight it will get cooler.

As you can see..Cooper is ready for football with Daddy today. Also, see the terrible damage to our pool from the wind....Rob will spend all of 1 minute getting the one leaf out of his sparkling pool. And yes I just took this picture so you can see my "up to the minute weather forecast".

(PS- I really posted the pool pic for all our family in the northeast buried in snow...we love you...come on down!)



1 comment:

robinbrittagain said...

It was VERY windy here and chilly! We went for a walk in the park, but left early because I just had to wear my flip-flops and my feet were cold. We were sitting on the swing and I looked over at Christopher and he was shivering! The wind knocked down my cute little Christmas tree in front of my house. Land-O-Lakes had a tornado! It was so cute last night during our walk, Christopher had no idea what to make of the wind. He was afraid of it at first. Great pictures and videos!