Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rainy Sunday

It's a rainy day here.

I thought getting out and getting to church would be good for us. It's not raining all that hard, just a nice on and off steady rain that we so desperately need. The homily at mass was all about death and how the deaths of your loved ones change who you are. "We were born to die" he said and from there on you can imagine how well I handled it.

Cooper was an angel in church so I guess I was supposed to hear the homily. He sat next to me and Rob and Sister Cyrill. (yes Laurie, you read that right..Sister is my new BFF, I even see her in Publix at least once a week with Hershall the happy bagger - who now by the way always gives Cooper a balloon). Anyway...Cooper danced with the bongo man and ate goldfish through mass...even I had some string cheese. Sister comment how good he was. It was nice. Besides all the death stuff..it was nice.

We came home and I made the best grilled salmon (if I do say so myself) and now I am relaxing watching the most annoying "Real Housewives" ever...the New York group. I know some family members who are the real housewives in the Bronx and they would take that show to a whole other level!

Yesterday I went to Nathan and Reese's soccer game and watched the kids back at Jake's house while he got some errands done. I was relieved to find Hope's wedding ring that had been missing since before her passing. Right in her purse where she left it. She had left me a note it was somewhere else and I looked and looked for months on and off but yesterday I felt the strong need just to look in her purse. Right in the first place, the inside front pocket, was Jake's family ring. I was happy to give it to him as soon as he came home.

Cooper is saying "ball, go, eat and a version of balloon (thanks Publix). But good Lord he never stops saying Pop Pop and "eek eek" over and over again! (He calls Phina a monkey..eek eek! because she does that everytime he sees her). He cried when I went to Grammie's house today to get her newspaper. I think he thought he'd see his Grammie.

All and all it has been a nice weekend.

Oh and Baxter is living among the dinosours now. He is so ready to go home..Cooper chased him all morning and I could tell by the look on his face he was like "Lady..I am over it. Take me home".

1 comment:

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

Sister Cyril must be loosing her mind she must have forgotten that birthday card you and Chrissy made. Sounds like you had a good weekend. Sometimes when I go to church or am at chapel I feel tears welling up from something that is being talked about or songs. I can't help it, it is memories or just feelings that have been trapped inside.