Friday, February 15, 2008

Passports

Yesterday Rob and I took Cooper to the main postoffice to get passports. Now that cruising requires a passport, we knew we'd better get ours so when Grammie is ready to hop on the ship one weekend, we all are ready. Rob and Cooper needed new ones, mine just needed to be renewed and updated since I never got it changed from my maiden name.

The lady that was in charge was a very old lady and greeted us with "Your late" (you have to make an appointment here and I could tell this wasn't going to be fun). By the way, we were not late, it was like 12:46pm for our 12:45pm appointment. We get back to her "office" and she says "I don't do babies". Now you know me, I am thinking in my head, "Well lady, you do now." This very simple processes takes 1/2 hour to 45 minutes (now I know why she needs appointments) and as I fill out the required paperwork she going on and on about how hard is it to take baby pictures.

She has an old standing Poleriod that won't zoom or move much (and I am thinking in my head the whole time I just read that Poleriod is going out of business). Much complaining and few photos later she gets the picture she needs, close up with the white background. Meanwhile, what is Cooper doing?

Laughing, staring at her and "talking" the whole time!

She missed so many cute pictures as Rob and tried to hold him at the right distance from the camera. Rob even put Cooper on his shoulders only to have her scold him "Now I get your head in the shot!".

You could tell our family threw her for a loop and she must have needed a coffee break after photographing the baby. "This is why I don't do babies" she said.

I don't care, we got our passports and I got to keep this "unusable one" (as she said with an eye role) and Cooper proved is always a good sport and could care less!

4 comments:

robinbrittagain said...

We took Christopher to Walgreens and after about 45 minutes, gave up. We ended up getting a great shot in 5 minutes at CVS. It does take someone with a little skill and patience. Too bad grannie at the post office doesn't just do everyone (including herself) a favor and retire! Good thing Cooper was good natured about it. Christopher...ah...not so much! :-)

AnnMarie said...

i actually thought of you yesterday and how young Christopher also must have been for his passport photo. too cute to think of them so small with an id photo. the questions were too funny "married?", "occupation?", i wanted to fill that part in, yes, married to mommy and occupation, baby. :)

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

You should have told the old crusty lady that Cooper "doesn't do old people with a bad attitude." That would have shut her angry, old rear end up! Don't you hate it when people get old and mean! I think he is so used to getting his photo taken that he was a true champ! Maybe she needed an enema!

Laurie

Jenny said...

I can't help it--I usually laugh at old people with attitude problems. They are really funny to me. :) Be glad this old lady didn't smell bad. :)