Friday, February 8, 2008

Who loves ya baby?

"Who loves ya baby?" was my dad's favorite greeting. Not "hello, how are you?" but a loud, arms outstretched, "Who loves ya baby?" before he gave you a big hug...stranger or not.

Everyone has been emailing me after the pictures of Grant have been out, that Grant looks so much like my dad. I thought it was just our family thinking that...but more and more I am hearing others echoing that sentiment. So.....here's the side by side. It took me a while to do this as it's been hard to see pictures of my dad with the babies. In the past 6 months, we gained 2 family members and lost one, so warping time with computer images has weirded me out a bit.
But...what do you think? The chin, the eye color (although hard to see from this pic of my dad) , the skin coloring, the baldness, the "Spock" ear?????
Not sure.... but the resemblance sure is there.


6 comments:

Myrtle's Mayhem said...

That is mini Haroldo for sure! Your father's spirit lives on! Who loves ya' baby? I'll tell who...everyone!

xoxo mere

Hope said...

Amazing. Little Harold. Made me smile to see that picture of your dad. It will be interesting to see Grant next to some baby pictures of your dad. Someday you'll be ready for that.

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

Amazing! I especially love that photo of your dad. He looks like the man I remember fondly! It is funny how God works sometimes. I know we ask for things sometimes and He has a tremendous sense of humor when he answers those prayers. I only wish sometimes we got the joke! Loved the post and so happy you were able to do it.

Love to you all!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Love it!! sniff sniff...seeing them side by side warms my heart and makes it ache all at the same time. thank you, its beautiful.

robinbrittagain said...

No doubt your dad is getting a kick out of it as well!

:-)

mommy22276 said...

I absolutely see your Dad in Coop! He looks just like him. Can't wait to see Grant next to him too! That's a great picture of your Dadl; just like we all remember him. Kimmy took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't have said it better myself. And Hope is right, some day you'll be ready for that. They say that time heals all wounds, well we're all waiting. Sniff, sniff...Stay strong & may you continue to see the spirit of your Dad live on in the boys.