Monday, May 9, 2011

A Magical Mother's Day

What a great day we had yesterday at the Magic Kingdom!  It was a beautiful Florida day highs in the high 80's the sun was hot but there was a nice breeze. We met with Jake and his mom and the boys and I can't tell how much comfort it brought me to spend a mother's day with the boys.  It's been over 2 years that Hope has been gone and it still stings some days so badly to know that she is missing all these things with her boys.  Her life and death is totally shaping the way I parent and I can't help but have her always in the back of my mind.



The parades, the music, the flowers, the MAGIC that Disney creates really can't be matched anywhere else. It's easy to see why the parks are always packed with people. 
It was so fun to get lost in the magic, let hours pass by like minutes and just plain old "play" mindlessly for the day.

 We rode the traditional Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World but we loved the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger ride (surprising right? ha). I shot my laser at those Zurge symbols like it was my job and I rocked a 22,700 score thank you very much!  More than my whole group...I take defeating the Emperor Zurge very seriously apparently. Cooper as my co-pilot with the joystick spinning our car around really helped!


We adults relaxed in the Country Bear Jamboree and the Philharmonic 3D show.  You forget how much the parks can take out of you when running on a 3 1/2 year olds whim (ohhhh, Carousel, ohhhh, Mickey, ohhhh ohhhh ohhhhhh).




 It was such a wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day.  To spend quality time together, having fun, doing nothing but just being together.  


 To be able to work all week watching Cooper, then work on Saturday at the port and THEN to walk the Magic Kingdom with me all day Sunday, this woman is Wonder Woman...and yeah...Wonder Woman...she's my mom.



And this little guy, he couldn't get enough!


 We stayed until around 10pm because the Electrical Light parade was last night and we know what a treat that is! You never know when they will bring out the iconic floats for the night and we were so happy they did last night.  I was too relaxed to bother picking up my camera for pictures but we at ice cream sundaes in the cool night breeze while the lights twinkled and the Disney melodies danced in the air.


 And then we drifted off..... tired, sticky, happy :)


 A magical Mother's day indeed.


.

No comments: