Monday, November 19, 2007

Focus


Focus and perspective are things we work on our entire lives. Keeping focus on our goals, keeping a perspective on life etc.
This morning, I noticed Cooper is focusing so much better on objects and he gazed into my eyes for long periods of time while eating and playing with me today. This picture I snapped as he stared at his giraffe for what seemed like an eternity, without looking at me or losing his focus as I snapped pictures and questioned him "who's your little friend?"

Interestingly enough, both Robin's blog and Laurie's blog talk about perspective and focus, focus on what we have in front of us today, be thankful and grateful and to be mindful of the days blessings and tasks, nothing more.

With Thanksgiving this week, I woke up today not really in a holiday mood. My dad is now gone 3 months as of yesterday, Cooper is 2 months old today and thinking of these milestones brings me to both ends of the emotional spectrum.

So for today, I will work, take care of Cooper and shop for my Thanksgiving dinner items one at a time. I will take the lesson from Cooper and just stay focused on what is in front of me, nothing more.